- Used Book inside Great Condition
Raised inside the tumult of Japan’s commercial powerhouse, the eleven people profiled inside this book have all produced the transition to sustainable, fulfilling lives. These are typically now artists, philosophers, plus farmers whom live deep inside the mountains of remote Japan. Their lives can be easy, but they are encircled by the luxuries of nature, art, contemplation, delicious food, plus an abundance of time. For example:
- Atsuko Watanabe is an environmentalist plus home-schooler that explores Christian mysticism whilst raising her 2 daughters inside an aged farmhouse
- Akira Ito is an ex–petroleum engineer that has become a painter plus children’s book illustrator plus explores the part of chi (lifetime energy) inside the universe from art plus music
- Kogan Murata grows sift plus crafts elegant bamboo flutes which he plays for alms inside the surrounding villages
- Jinko Kaneko is a fine artist plus cloth dyer whom runs a Himalayan-style curry restaurant inside the Japan Alps
By presenting the journeys of these ordinary—yet exceptional—people, Andy Couturier shows how you too will travel a meaningful path of living merely, with regard for the communities plus the all-natural resources. Whenever you leave behind the great burdens of wage work, debt, strain, plus daily busyness, you grow wealthy inside a entire new means. These Japanese are pioneers inside a sense; attracting about conventional Eastern religious wisdom, they have forged a new design of modernity, plus inside their achievement is a lesson for you all: reside a lifetime which issues.
Andy Couturier is an essayist, poet, plus composing instructor. He lived inside Japan for 4 years where he taught, became a journalist, plus worked about ecological causes. He lives inside the San Francisco Bay Area.
List Price: $ 19.95
Price: $ 11.65
35 total views, 1 views today